> PARENT CENTRAL . 650 Monroe Ave . 878-4025
* Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 0730-1630 *
Parent Central Services is a one-stop registration point for the Child Development Center (CDC), Family Child Care (FCC), School Age Programs (SAP), Middle School/Teen (MS/T), Sports & Fitness (S&F), SKIESUnlimited, Youth Programs (YP), and Outreach Services (OS) programs. We work on a walk-in or appointment basis, with each registration taking approximately 45 minutes. Appointments are encouraged.
* Check out our Forms & Requirements page *
> WHAT WE DO...
- IN AND OUT PROCESSING : Provides info for military and their families who are new to the base, and provides assistance to those families with school age children when moving to a new location.
- RESOURCE AND REFERRAL: Provides assistance to patrons who need information on off-post child care, and child care availability at other military installations.
- PARENT LIAISON SERVICES: Coordinates parent educational opportunites via workshops, materials and links to websites concerning parents and children.
- COMMUNITY LIAISON SERVICES: Coordinates volunteer services and training for adults and teens who wish to become certified babysitters.
- BABYSITTER TRAINING AND REFERRAL: Offers babysitting training courses and maintains a referral list for parents interested in this child care option.
- VOLUNTEER SERVICES: Provides a centralized point of contact for volunteers within the CYS delivery system. Recruitment, management, training, and referrals are done through the OS office.
- OUTREACH CARE AND SUPERVISION: Provides Kids on Site, Parents on Site, and other outreach and supervision functions outside the CYSS facility based care.
- KIDS ON SITE: Offers on-site child care supervision for special group functions in approved sites.
- VCCUS: Offers training for unit volunteers to provide child care in a group or home setting, enabling units or other groups to hold meetings and/or functions.
* There is a waiting list for most child care programs. It is strongly urged to place your child’s name on the waiting list as soon as possible. Parents who are PCS’ing to Forts Eustis or expectant mothers are encouraged to place their child’s name on the “future needs” waiting list. DD Form 2606, Request for Care Record, DOD Child Development Program, may be used to submit your child’s name for placement on the waiting list.